Monday, September 17, 2012

Embarking on a new adventure...

On October 1st,  I will be embarking on an adventure. This adventure will lead me to the beautiful cities of Rome, Naples and the Amalfi Coast. What makes this trip different than others is that I will be traveling alone for the first time. I will be in a foreign country for 10 days. Something I've always been afraid of doing...especially in a country where I don't necessarily speak the language. As I reflect, I think about the declaration I made earlier this year - 2012 would be the year of change in my life, which it has been in so many ways :-) Therefore this experience will be the perfect way to get me out of my comfort zone and do something I typically wouldn't do. As nervous as I maybe of embarking on this adventure, I'm also excited about the new experience and how it will impact my life. I anticipate that this experience will allow me to see, smell, feel, hear, and taste things differently. Walking the narrow streets of Centro Storico and taking in the grandeur of the Colosseum or a ferry ride to Capri to enjoy the island's splendor, will be a unique and different experience for me. An experience I welcome and will share with you all. The good, the bad, the tough moments and those moments that just make me smile. I'm happy to have you follow me on my voyage to Italy and experience it with me through my words and photos. Arrivederci! 

                                                                      The Colosseum
                                                                  The Island of Capri 

3 comments:

  1. Gosh I am so jealous! Can't wait to read about your adventure:)

    xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM - great work! Had no idea you would start a blog!
    As someone who has traveled to a number of countries on my own, it is an adventure. You will meet so many people, and see a new side of yourself even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck to you Michael - sounds like such a wonderful experience, I am really jealous! You will have so much fun and these places are so beautiful. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete